Executive Leadership & Mental Health Coach
Sometimes the most faithful thing to do is to put one foot in front of the other while determining the path forward.
• More than 15 years as a thought partner and coach to senior leaders and teams among military (active duty and veterans), religious and non-profit, law enforcement, municipalities, finance, engineers and small business owners.
• Ed engages using an exploratory approach, which equips clients to respond to opportunities and challenges through intentional pivoting from a self-critical mindset to a positive mindset leading to increased performance and self-satisfaction.
• Recognizing that some leaders embrace a spiritual component that influences behavior and perception, Ed is uniquely equipped and willing to explore how a client’s faith practice provides insight as to how s/he leads.
• Clients state they experience Ed as a calming presence who is authentic, non-judgmental, and empathetic yet challenging.
After leaving pastoral ministry in 2015, Ed discerned the need for trailblazers external to religious institutions to develop themselves through coaching and leadership training. Ed has since counseled individuals as they handled significant transitions, which affect themselves, their loved ones, and their vocations. When supporting senior-level leaders as they navigate strategic decisions, he draws from a combination of experiences, especially in organization management, supervision of staff and volunteers, and leadership coaching.
Ed is an active Father of a blended family residing with his spouse in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
- BA in Business/Economics - Randolph-Macon College
- Master of Divinity and Master of Arts in Christian Education - Union Presbyterian Seminary
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified TetraMap® Facilitator - Globally proven learning model using the metaphor of nature while finding strength in valuing differences.
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching for Organizational Well-Being (ACTP) - Executive and Professional Education at George Mason University
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
The nature of our behavior and communication influences others and shapes our perspective of reality. My work with clients explores ways in which one can be intentional about how and what they are communicating.
Faith Based Coaching
Faith is not something that we can leave at the door when we show up at the office. My work with clients enables leaders to discern the intersection of faith and the hard decisions that we must sometimes make.
The results needed are sometimes the hardest to define. My work with clients is centered around developing and then taking the steps needed for intentional strategic results both for individuals and the organizations we lead.